Thursday, October 8, 2009

A crane stands perfectly still by the waters edge.

Container crane, Port Chalmers


One of the fortunate things about living where I do is the always changing and often spectacular scenery; landscape, harbourscape, Portscape. I go past this viewpoint looking towards the Port all the time and very often stop to shoot it. This time I thought the crane was nicely back lit with a light fog and worth the effort to collect my tripod from home and come back.
I shoot cranes in the wild quite often. The exhibition I am working on currently incorporates frequent images of cranes and I have given it the provisional title of 'Erector Set'.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Chris Reid is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 New Zealand License.